So this couple of weeks, I’ve been mostly working on my Thesis, or at least should have been. But the urge of making games has lead me off track. I’ve participated in two gamejams: #candyjam , to protest against King.com and #flappyjam , to support Flappy Bird’s creator.
#candyjam wasn’t that great for me, I was able to make something, but its no fun really, and the artwork wasn’t made by me.
On the other end, #flappyjam was really nice to make. I’ve made all assets and ended up making a clone of flappy bird under a week. My theme of choice was Final Fantasy, hence the name Final Flapasy, so I’ve made a chocobo for the player and some cactuars as the enemies. I hope you like it.
You can play the game for free either at itch.io or gamejolt.com , and you can play it on your Android phone or tablet for free, obviously. Just follow the link to download it for android .
The game is still buggy, and it has no catchy tune, but I’ll keep updating it if enough persons like it and play it. 🙂
If you like the game, please share it with your friends and family 🙂
Now back to the “serious” work. 🙂
We are on the final stretch!
The last art assets are being made. The 3D models are being updated and polished. The sound is being adjusted, and the game is being play tested on many different devices by many different people to make sure everything works fine when launching.
So right now is the most crucial part, the last tiny bits of detail that need to be polished. By the end of the week, the game will be in its final form, ready to launch. But first, I’m going to have to make some promotional stuff, like videos, image headers and icons, set up a website, and write a “press release” to send to blogs for possible reviews in order to advertise the game.
It’s been a long ride and hopefully all continues well as I have more games in mind to make 🙂
The game is going to be released for Android devices first, then maybe iOS and WP8, for both mobile phones and tablets. Maybe later on I’ll release a web build but for now, this is the plan.
After nearly a month after the beta release of Memtiles, I’m nearly in the end of development. I’ve basically being updating and creating new assets, textures, checking for sound effects, hiring for music composition and graphics. So it has been pretty busy. Mainly because I’m working part-time on this project, only when I come home from work, and on weekends.
Today I lost all connections to my assets, prefabs, textures, everything.. I don’t know what happened to Unity3D, but that sure as hell cost me 3 hours rebuilding all prefabs. I guess I should back my things before opening a new branch.. or check what to ignore on bitbucket.. Anyway, I have my prefabs back.
So now I can actually focus on progressing in the development. I still have game art and sound/music coming up.
Hopefully I will still release this by mid/end october.
So I’m making a casual memory game for mobile platforms. Its a simple educational puzzle, where you need to retrieve the tile pairs on the grid.
There is currently only one mode and one theme, but more will be added this month. There will be 3 more themes and a new game mode (maybe). There is also the educational part to do 🙂
You can play it online in your browser at MichaelAdaixo.com/MemtilesBeta and also download the latest apk version for Android, from 2.3.1 to 4.x.
Please report any bug you might find, as well as suggestions. 🙂